Agency Header
You've been there for us Let us be there for you


West Virginia is considered one of our nation's most patriotic states. This reputation was built by the extraordinary number of men and women who in the past have left the Mountain State to defend our country and by those West Virginians who now serve in U.S. military ranks. West Virginia has produced one of nation's highest per capita military service rates. Our veterans defended us. Now it is our turn to support, respect and defend our veterans.  The West Virginia Department of Veterans Assistance works to improve the lives of West Virginia’s veterans and welcomes you to provide any feedback that might help us better serve our state’s heroes and their families. 



9th Annual Veterans Home Bike Show

  • Saturday, April 22 at 12 PM - 4 PM
  • Sadler Field on Farmdale Road - Barboursville, WV

$10 Donation per bike
Free to the public 
Food available 
Live music

Registration starts at 12:00 pm

Bike judging is continuous from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm

Winners announced around 4:00 pm

All proceeds go to the West Virginia Veterans Home recreational fund to help provide a better quality of life for the veterans living there.


Governors Veterans Council Meeting

Join us for the second Governors Veterans Council Meeting of 2017,

May 3, 2017 1:30 pm in the Green Room at the Culture Center located on the Capitol Complex 1900 Kanawha Boulevard East

Charleston WV 25305-0300



The West Virginia Department of Veterans Assistance has completed an enormously successful 2016, and the Department will no doubt build on last year’s momentum by continuing to recognize, help and work in tandem with veterans across the state to raise awareness and opportunities for the state’s 175,000-member community of former military men and women. Veterans Assistance Deputy Secretary Billy Wayne Bailey takes a look at some of those successes in column about some of the Department’s initiatives.


A Look Back 2016